Every household has curtains. The curtain is not only for decoration. but also functional. They are wind-proof and sun-proof. They are our patron saint. The curtains will be dirty and broken after using for a long time. If you like the curtains and you want to use it for a long time, you must learn to maintain your home.
In fact, the maintenance of curtains is not just washing and drying. The beautiful curtains may become “unbearable” and fade. Wrinkles and various problems will be surrounded. How to make the curtains attractive after a long time use. It depends on the your maintenance skills. The following is a recommended curtain maintenance method and precautions for everyone to keep your curtains great!
Curtain maintenance method
1. The curtains are generally dusted off once a week. And it should be paid attention to remove the dust between the fabric structures. It is best to use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust.
2. We cannot use detergents containing bleaching ingredients for cleaning the curtains. You should clean regularly every six months. Try not to dehydrate and dry, and choose natural air drying, so as not to damage the unique texture of the curtain.
3. If stained, use a clean cloth dipped in water to wipe off. To avoid leaving marks, it is best to wipe from the periphery of the stain.
If you find that the thread ends are loose, do not pull it off by hand, and cut it neatly with scissors.
4. Remove the accessories of the curtain and clean it. A curtain has both parts suitable for washing and unsuitable for washing, such as lace, silk ribbon, etc., to be removed separately, then washed separately, and then sewn by a professional master after washing.
5. Before we wash the curtains, we should first deal with it according to the style of the curtain. Generally, curtains are divided into hook type and perforated type according to different hanging methods.
6. Hook-type curtains of general material can be washed in the washing machine as long as the curtain hook is taken out of the cloth belt.
7. For Roman rod curtains, it’s best to take off the Roman ring. The Roman ring is the child and the mother. You just need to open it from the middle. You can close them after washing and drying.
Correct washing steps
1st step is to distinguish the fabric
If it is velvet, it is not recommended to wash it with water. Washing makes the velvet produce a “yin and yang surface”. If it is soiled, you can only wash the part. You can’t rub it with your hands. You can only brush in one direction with a soft brush to ensure that the suede passes in one direction. , And use the special detergent for curtains, spray it on the fabric instead of rubbing it.
If there is embroidery, it depends on the shrinkage rate of the non-embroidery parts. If it is not large, such as yarn or silk, it can be washed with water. If the shrinkage rate is large, such as pure cotton, it is also washed where it is dirty. If it is wool or silk, only Can be dry cleaned but not washed.
Curtains made of cotton and linen are easier to clean and can be washed directly in the washing machine. In addition to using washing powder, it is best to add a little fabric softener to make the cotton and linen curtains softer after washing.
Pure cotton cloth, strong alkali resistance, can be washed with various soaps and detergents. The water temperature should be controlled below 35℃. The curtains can be soaked in warm water for 1 to 2 hours, but it is not advisable to soak them in detergent for a long time to prevent discoloration, and then rinse them with clean water.
2nd step distinguish the types of curtains
The blinds can be cleaned directly. Spray an appropriate amount of water on the curtains and dry them with a rag. If the drawstring of blinds is dirty, you can clean it with a damp cloth dipped in detergent.
Roller blinds are generally difficult to disassemble, so they can be cleaned directly with detergent. When cleaning, pay special attention to the places around the roller shutter that are easier to absorb dust. If the dust is heavy, use a soft brush to remove the dust, and wipe it with clean water.
3rd step: washing, ironing, drying
When scrubbing, remember not to use too much force to prevent the surface from fluffing.
When ironing, the temperature is below 120℃, it is best to put a white cloth on it, so as not to fade and affect the appearance.
When drying, if there are mildew spots on the curtains, you can soak them in a diluted solution of 20 grams of ammonia in 1 liter of water, and then rinse them off.
Matters needing attention during maintenance
1. Remove the accessories of the curtain and clean it. A curtain has both parts suitable for washing and not suitable for washing, such as lace, silk ribbon, etc., to be removed separately, then washed separately, and then sewn by a professional master after washing. System up.
2. Cleaning curtains is like “skin care”, not only cleaning, but also maintenance, such as repairing broken needles, maintaining the track of the curtain, strengthening the lace, re-ironing, modifying the length according to the shrinkage rate, etc., greatly extending the use of the curtain life. In addition, the curtains can be washed once a year.
3. There are many accessories on the curtains, such as crystal buckles, silk ribbons, lace, embroidery, hollows, buckles, and straps. The previous methods of washing with a washing machine, hand washing or dry cleaning are wrong, and it is easy to cause shrinkage, tearing, and breaking. Problems such as thread and tarnishing. The correct washing steps are: First, distinguish the fabric first. If it is velvet, it is not recommended to wash it. Washing makes the velvet produce a “yin and yang surface”. If it is soiled, you can only wash the part, and you can’t rub it by hand. You can only use a soft brush to smooth it. Brush in one direction to ensure that the suede goes in one direction, and use a special detergent for curtains to spray on the fabric instead of rubbing it.
4. If there is embroidery, it depends on the shrinkage rate of the non-embroidered parts. If it is not large, such as yarn or silk, it can be washed with water. The shrinkage rate is large, such as pure cotton, which is dirty and washed. If it is wool or silk, It can only be dry cleaned and not washed.